News, Events & Activities
In order to provide transparency, NRMHA is committed to creating safe, clean, and positive living environments for all of our residents.
Open communications in our residential communities are important to NRMHA. We encourage residents along with the public to attend our regular monthly Board Meetings to keep everyone informed.
Check back on this page often to find out about news, events and NRMHA activities that might be of interest to you.
Smoke-Free Public Housing
NRMHA participates in HUD “Strong Families Initiative” and launches Smoke-Free Housing Campaign June 16th 2018.
Public and Indian Housing”s (PIH’s) Smoke-Free Public Housing Rule was finalized on December 5, 2016, and became effective February 3, 2017. All PHAs must comply with the rule and implement smoke-free policies within 18 months of the effective date, no later than July 31, 2018. The elimination of second-hand smoke that can migrate between public housing units can be an important step towards improving the health of residents as well as reducing maintenance costs for PHAs.
PIH is working to provide additional smoke-free resources. If you have specific questions related to smoke-free public housing, please send an email to SmokeFreePublicHousing@hud.gov.
- Public Hearing Notice LIPH Dwelling Lease
- LIPH Lease Draft 2023
- Public Hearing Notice for 2023 Annual Plan
- 2023 Resident Advisory Board Members
- Dec. 12, 2022 Board Meeting
- Public Hearing Notice for 2022 Annual Plan
- 2022 Resident Commissioner Elections
- Housing Choice Voucher/Section 8 Program
- 2021 Updated Resident Advisory Board Members (Temporary)